Saturday, January 29, 2011

Questions & No Answers



I love the morning after
With dawn light coffee brew
Crumpled sheets
Possessive pillows
Will I make a cuppa for you
Or leave a note before I go?

Like those questions
For a bloody matrimony
I don’t have to go
I do
I don’t know your ways
I do?

With last January mist
Past sweepers joggers
On the first bus to a lonely beach
Without your sweet words
And other crap
Love’s sweeter alone bereft?

My ways are simple
Boring routine
Of give and take
Without doubt
I will give myself
Will you take it?

Do I have time for proud men
Who wish to speak but not reply?

Do I care for wise women
Without humour to mock oneself?

Do I prefer the judge that idiot
Or friends happy with the award?

Do I listen to your studied silence
Or wait for you to speak?

My ways are simple
Boring routine
Of give and take
Without doubt
I will take you
Will you give it?

You have your answers
I will listen
For once with mouth wide shut
I will remember you
Sounds like fickle infidelity
Without my answers?







No comments:

Post a Comment